Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Trivia Night



Last night Jennie and I played trivia at a bar called Finn McCools.

The bar is about 5 blocks from our apartment. This year the bar was ranked by Gambit (local magazine similar to The Reader) as #5 best bar in New Orleans. Every Monday night they host a pub quiz.

Jennie and I got there late and had to be a team of two; most other teams have between 4-10 members.

We did so terrible that the bar owners/hosts of trivia made fun of us on multiple occasions. They called us stupid, tried to introduce Jennie to some nice single lads that could help us on the sports questions, and for winning last place gave us a sack of potatoes that I'm going to use tonight to make potato salad. We also walked away with a Corona sweatband and a Guinness patch for being the first team to submit our answer sheet. So all in all, we did pretty well. I think I earned back most of the money I spend on beer in potatoes and its surprising how easy it is to be insulted publicly when its cloaked in an Irish accent.

Better luck next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment