Friday, September 4, 2009

Dizzzzz-AY One

Well goodbye Lincoln!

The Sohl Family woke up today with the intention of leaving at 5 am. We finally hit the road about three hours later - which is pretty much right on time for us.

My dad rented a minivan but the rental service ran out of minivans (LABOR DAY WEEKEND) so we ended up with a Dodge Nitro (a mini SUV named after my favorite American Gladiator). My dad called it "pathetic".

I slept most of the morning while my mom drove, when I woke up I said something that didn't make sense and her response was "It's alright, you can go back to sleep and I'll just go back to Car-aoke.

This afternoon we stopped at a gas station in St. Joseph, MO and next door they had a Cool Crest Mini - Garden Golf Course. They used to have a Cool Crest in Lincoln and to my family it was a small tragedy when they closed down. I was going to get out and take a picture but I was too exhausted.

Here's a picture that someone else took and posted on the internet.

Remember this dude?

The car ride was not exciting but it was completely managable. Every time my mom started to fall asleep I started to skid over the rumble track... she was so pissed.

Now we are in West Memphis, Arkansas. Its 10:54 p.m. and my brother is ready to party....

I am excited for accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment