Monday, October 12, 2009

1 out of every 10 people I meet are from or have strong ties to Nebraska

We had a party in our apartment this weekend.

There were assholes and drunks and fireworks and minefields

It was a real battle.

I can't get away from people in Nebraska down here. Not that I want to necessarily but jesus... every other day I meet someone from the area and I pull out my unicameral pride. I guess its just not what I expected.

There was this guy at the party that looked like Sayid from Lost. He was wearing army green and he had long curly hair pulled back into a ponytail. Although, he did have his eyebrow pierced with some neon yellow studs holding it in place. He wandered around the party for a few hours and he seemed like a nice person. Then my neighbor Kate introduced me to him saying "This is Ali. I found out that he is from Omaha. I mentioned that you are from Lincoln, Nebraska and he said 'UGH... I'm so over Lincoln.'"

Lame
Lame
Lame

I sat him down for a talking to but before I got the chance to make my point that he was really full of shit I got distracted and walked away.

Time to head to a lunch meeting with a pet groomer.

No comments:

Post a Comment